Sorry guys, but I've just been informed that there is a power outage at the YNOT building due to downed power lines and a cracked electric pole. Crews have been called but there's no guarantee they will have things up and running by the time class starts at 6:15. So... class is cancelled tonight.
We will see you tomorrow night for STRONG Nation at 6:15!
The COVID pandemic has hit small businesses hard in our community and unfortunately, Pumped Up is no exception. When we temporarily closed from March through mid-July, I was hopeful that participation would rebound when we reopened. Unfortunately, that has not been the case. People have found other means of getting their workouts in via on-line classes & doing things at home, which I totally support! Good for you! In this day & age of uncertainty, we NEED to be home to stay safe, healthy & value that family time.
* No more Thursday night classes effective immediately. Thursday classes have always been smaller due to the day of the week, time of day, etc. I'm not able to keep them going with such small headcounts.
* All prepaid classes will expire effective 10/27/2020. As a courtesy to our participants, I've never expired the prepaid classes before, but now I must. All classes must be used by 10/27/2020. You have 15 opportunities to use them up in the next 8 weeks before they expire. No refunds will be given. The exception to this rule is if you have a medical condition that prevents you from attending. If this is the case, get a hold of me & we will chat. ;) If you have used all of your prepaid classes and would still like to attend any remaining evenings, it will be $5 cash only. No more prepaid class packages will be sold.
Monday nights Z with strengthening at 6:15, and Tuesday nights STRONG NATION at 6:15 p.m. $5 per class. My team of fun, amazing, inspiring instructors will continue to be at classes when their schedules allow them and will be teaching your favorite routines until it's time to close the doors.
To everyone for allowing me to have become a part of your lives & fitness journey, some of you for almost 10 years now. It's because of YOU that Pumped Up has been such a success, a place for people to come work out & gain friendships that will last a lifetime. I'm so blessed to have had this opportunity to bring people together & hopefully, make a difference in people's lives.
Peace & Love,
See you Tuesday evening, 09/08/2020 for STRONG NATION! Enjoy your extended weekend!
Literally happy dancing today! Phase 4 has been implemented and we have the go-ahead by the owner of the building to resume classes! Woot woot!
Monday & Thursday 6:15 p.m. Zumba with strengthening
Tuesday 6:15 p.m. STRONG NATION (formerly called STRONG by Zumba)
Located in the spacious YNOT building at 301 N. Breckenridge in Chatham, $5 walk-in rate or 10 classes for $45
COVID precautions and social distancing will be in force:
* Self-monitor. Take your temperature before you leave the house. If it is elevated, stay home. If you are not feeling well, stay home. If you feel you may have ANY symptoms of COVID-19, STAY HOME. Basically, use common sense.
* All participants are required to bring their own yoga mats and weights for the strengthening portion of class. Pumped Up will no longer provide these items.
* Masks must be worn into the building and during check-in. After you've checked in and found your spot, masks may be removed for activity.
* At check-in, you will be asked a series of questions regarding COVID-19 and any possible exposure or symptoms. Have you run a fever of 100.5 or higher? Experienced abnormal shortness of breath, headache, body aches, cough, or loss of smell or taste in the last 14 days? Have you been exposed to anyone with a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19? Traveled internationally or to any of the US hot spots? If the answer to any of these questions is yes, you may be kindly asked to leave. Please respect the health and safety of your workout buddies, as well as yourself.
* Keep at least 6 feet apart from your workout buddies at all times.
* Wiping down of all touched surfaces is required. This includes your workout area where you may have sweat drops hit the floor. Simply put, wipe up after yourselves. A CDC-approved spray and wipes will be provided for you.
Even if you haven't been doing much activity during quarantine, not to worry! Your Pumped Up instructors will demonstrate different levels of intensity to help build your endurance slowly & safely. The routines are FUN, sing along with the music, and just MOVE. There's no wrong way to Zumba! Go at your pace, do what you can, and HAVE FUN. :)
We are SO looking forward to seeing everyone! The music, the laughter, movement, sweat and friendships that Pumped Up is all about! See you in class starting July 6!
Here at Pumped Up Dance Fitness, we incorporate strengthening with our Zumba classes. You can expect a playlist consisting of approximately 45 minutes of kick-butt cardio, which includes classic Zumba routines and choreography, in addition to routines designed to incorporate core work, punching, kicking, squats, etc. After the cardio portion, we grab our hand weights (or without!) and yoga mats for 20 minutes of arm, ab, torso & leg/booty work, finishing up with a yoga-inspired stretch. Total class time for Z with strengthening is 65-70 minutes. Your instructors will demonstrate different levels of progression for each routine, so no matter your personal level of fitness, you will get a great workout!
STRONG by Zumba is not dance! SBZ is Zumba's version of a HITT program - High Intensity Tempo Training - where every move has a beat, every beat has a move. SBZ has brought in world-class athletes to create a strengthening format where we use our bodies to build muscle & burn calories. The choreography for this 60-minute format has been reverse-engineered to amazing music, where every drum beat is a kick, every cymbal strike is a punch. Your SBZ instructors will demonstrate base moves, modifications and progressions, so no matter your body type, level of fitness or endurance, SBZ is for everyone!
Thank you to everyone who joined us for our ribbon-cutting celebration!
Without our participants, there would be no Pumped Up. We are THRILLED to be able to provide this platform, bringing people together to work out in a safe, fun, positive environment where you can work on becoming a stronger, healthier version of yourself for a mere $5 per class.
Mondays: 6:15 p.m. Zumba/strengthening
Tuesdays: 6:15 p.m. STRONG by Zumba
All classes are $5 walk-in rate. First-timers just need to come a few minutes early to fill out the waiver and get the scoop. Bring a hand towel to wipe the sweat, water to stay hydrated, your yoga mat for floor work, any weights for the strengthening part of class (we have extra mats and weights if you don't), and your smile! Boom! You're ready! See you soon!
I (Kara) am so humbled and excited to have been nominated in the Best Fitness Instructor category! To be recognized in this field of amazing and inspiring people is absolutely incredible. Thank you for your votes!
I'm thrilled to have been voted FINALIST in the 2019 Best Fitness Instructor Category! WOW! Thank you! Congratulations to the other nominees and winners in this category. So well deserved!
Join us for our Zumba/dance fitness classes Monday evenings at 6:15 p.m. STRONG by Zumba is on Tuesdays at 6:15. $5 walk-in rate.
Thank you again, from the bottom of my heart, for the nomination and your votes. To know our classes here at Pumped Up are loved and appreciated means the world to us! See you at class soon! ~ Kara
Pumped Up! Dance Fitness classes are full body workouts with varied levels of intensity. Our certified Zumba instructors add energizing, foot-tapping music set to moves that will challenge your endurance, fire up your metabolism, and burn max calories. We add additional strength training that you won’t get in other Zumba classes. In our
Pumped Up! Dance Fitness classes are full body workouts with varied levels of intensity. Our certified Zumba instructors add energizing, foot-tapping music set to moves that will challenge your endurance, fire up your metabolism, and burn max calories. We add additional strength training that you won’t get in other Zumba classes. In our Monday class, you can expect 45 minutes of cardio with a cooldown, followed by 15 additional minutes of arm and ab strengthening, finishing up with a yoga-inspired stretch that will motivate you to dig in, wake up those muscles, and challenge yourself!
Our STRONG by Zumba classes are held Tuesday evenings at 6:15 p.m. Classes are 60 minutes and is the first non-dance based program from Zumba. Strong focuses on moving to the beat, incorporating strength, agility and interval training that is made for all ages and fitness levels. Your Strong by Zumba instructors will show you base moves, modifications and progressions to help you meet your fitness goals. All moves are modifiable for all levels, whether you're new to fitness or looking to add some strength training to your workouts.
All fitness levels are welcome – our instructors provide modifications so everyone can have a fun and productive workout. The YNOT building is very spacious, so there’s plenty of room to move and shake it with your buddies.
Suggested items to bring to class:
· Yoga mat
· Hand weights
· Sweat towel
· Open mind
· Smile 😊
Certified Zumba instructors and Strong by Zumba instructors!
Bring a towel to wipe the sweat, water to stay hydrated, a yoga mat and light weights if you like, and your smile! For our STRONG classes, bring a towel or two (we sweat a LOT!), plenty of water to rehydrate, and your yoga mat.
Be ready to have a great time! Your body will thank you for it!